OFFICIAL INLAND CIRCLE FLAG FOOTBALL RULE BOOK
Offense Rules: Ball always starts on the 15 yard line unless it’s a fumble or interception then
ball will be spotted accordingly.
- Must have 3 players on the line
(Tight End is eligible to receive passes)
- Offense can only block downfield on run plays (No blocking, picking, blocks to the back,
or screening allowed downfield on pass plays)
- Players cannot guard, swipe, or shield there flags or any other players flags.
- No diving, hurdling (or jumping). (Players ARE allowed to use spin move)
- All Penalties will result in a 5 yard loss and/or a replay or loss of the down.
Defensive rules: Must start rush 3 to 5 yards from the ball. Only 2 players are allowed to rush
QB unless QB runs outside the guard box. Then any defender can go for the QB’s flag.
1.When going in to grab a flag you may not tackle, push, trip or intentionally make unnecessary
contact with the ball carrier or any blocker.
- When defending a receiver you cannot make contact or pull their flag until the ball is caught.
You may also attempt to intercept the ball or swipe the ball away but you cannot grab or make
illegal contact with the receiver.
- Players cannot make contact with the QB, except to pull flag. You may put your hands up to
deflect the ball when thrown.
- You MAY advance a fumble or interception
- Defenders can NEVER BULLRUSH or TACKLE another player at anytime during the contest.
(AUTOMATIC 10-15 YARD PENALTY)
AFTER A TOUCHDOWN:
Offense can line up on the 5 yard line and go for 1 point but you can ONLY pass the ball
Offense can line up on the 7 yard line and go for 2 points and you can run or pass the ball